Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's & Grandpa's Day!

I grew up visiting Chinatown every weekend to buy Chinese groceries with my parents. Fortunatly, my little one has come to love these outings as well. There's a restaurant in L.A. where they serve Hong Kong style waffles. This is a favorite of my little one. For Father's / Grandpa's Day, we came here. Although the menu is varied consisting of rice, noodle and porridge dishes, she only has eyes for the waffles. I think it's because she likes to tear them apart like a puzzle. Afterwards, we went to 168 Supermarket to buy groceries. We must've been there for hours. Usually, I'll take my little one out to the carousel and let her ride a few times. With the weather being so warm & hot, we have to take a few breaks and go back into the supermarket to take advantage of the air conditioning. It's so refreshing! After a couple of hours here, we headed back home. On the way back, while grandma drove, grandpa, little one & myself fell fast asleep. :)

2 comments:

LA My Home said...

i thought ur girl is with her daddy this weekend because is father's day. we went to the zoo today and would have asked u to join us. but i am glad you all went to MP and had lunch. i remember she probably craving for those waffles since a long time ago.

Keepin Life Positively Sane & Happy said...

This was actually suppose to be my weekend with her but since it was Father's Day, she spent the day with her daddy on Sunday. On Saturday, "my little one" wanted to go to the zoo and I was thinking about asking you but I remember you saying that typically you would have things to do out that way on weekends and would just go either before or after. :) Next time, I'll be sure to call you to see how your weekend is. I hope you had a good Father's Day with your "little one".