Monday, June 18, 2007

Reaching Another Level of Maturity

Well, my little one has reached another milestone. She had an annual appointment with her pediatrician today. While sitting in the room waiting for her doctor to arrive, she asked me if she was going to get a shot today. I told her that I wasn't sure. So when her doctor came in, he told me that she will be needing another chickenpox shot. I told my little one this and she seemed to be fine especially since she knew that a treat would follow...a lollipop. When the nurse came in to administer it, my little one sat still without moving and before we knew it, it was done. Eversince she turned 4, she suddenly matured. She told the nurse that she's 4 and a big girl now and asked if she was going to get a cute bandaid. Unfortunately, the nurse ran out of the character bandaids and gave her a plain one. After much tugging, we went and she picked out a red lollipop. She wanted to eat it right away but I told her after school. She didn't much like the idea but gave in because it was a no win situation with mommy. :)

1 comment:

LA My Home said...

wah ... such a good girl. i cant wait for my boy to stop crying during shots sessions.