Friday, May 25, 2007

2nd Day of Training

Today was another good day. I dropped my daughter at school and hit the gym for my 2nd day of training. My sister told me yesterday that Disneyland was holding a half marathon this year in Sept. I thought about it and thought "You know what? With a little/alot of determination, I can do it". Thirteen miles. That's not too bad; however, you would have to keep a pace of 15 minutes per mile. This was doable. I went to the gym and jumped on the treadmill thinking...gee, that's a piece of cake. Well, apparently, not the case. I was brisk walking so fast that I almost walked off the treadmill and it still wasn't a 15 minute mile. I'm going to try again. I may have to do a slow jog to make the time. I'm looking forward to getting back into shape...slowly, but surely. :)

No comments: