Saturday, May 26, 2007

First Time Kayaking

This morning I got up early to meet my friends out in Belmont Shores. My intention was to just do my training, which I did...an hour of brisk walking... and then spend about an hour with them and then head on home to study. However, it didn't work out that way. Through my friend Gary, I met 2 new friends. They all came out to Kayak and had 4 kayaks. With some nudging and encouragement, I went along and kayaked for 2 hours. It was lots of fun. We kayaked to the end of the Marina and saw alot of jellyfish. I never knew jellyfish to be so beautiful. I had the opportunity to touch one of them. Yes, it was slimy and very thick....kind of like squid. After this, we kayaked back and had lunch. I was ready to go home to sleep. I said my goodbyes and told my new friends that we would keep in touch and do this again soon.

No comments: