Thursday, May 24, 2007

First Day of Training

Over the weekend, I had an opportunity to get together with some former co-workers. It was great because we all had our babies within a few weeks apart. Not only that...we all had the same interests. It was made known to me this weekend that one of the moms is training for the Long Beach Half Marathon in October 2007. I haven't seriously excercised in .... let me see... how old is my daughter? :) I think it's been at least 3 years. Well, once she told me, I decided that I was going to begin training. I ran the Huntington Beach Half Marathon before my baby. It was an accomplishment for me. One of my main goals is to eventually do a marathon. I figured .. why not .. it's probably better to do it now rather than wait until I'm older. So, ...

It was wonderful today. I was able to get myself up early as well as my daughter and exercise. Today was the first day but I was able to brisk walk for 45 minutes with my daughter in a stroller. Now, to work on my diet to maintain a good energy level. Will have to do some research.

No comments: