Thursday, July 5, 2007

4th of July!

Yesterday was a wonderful day spent with family and cousins. The early part of the day we camped out at Torrance beach with my little one and her little one yr old cousin and his mommy and daddy. We literally camped out with a tent. The kids loved it! My little one kept insisting on zipping everyone up in the tent! With the temperature being so warm, it was not a good idea. We splashed in the water and watched a school of dolphins swim by. After about 2 hours, we headed home. That was plenty of beach time for the little ones. Time to go home and nap before the big firework show at the park.

My little one was looking forward to the firework show all day and insisted that her uncle come along too. We called him 3 times during the day and even went to his house to look for him. I told my little one that if he doesn't come home before 8pm then the 2 of us will head off. She didn't like this idea so we waited. Fortunately, on her piggyback ride home we saw uncle coming home. We called him right away and he came over. We headed out to the park and parked by the high school. The only problem with this was that my little one insisted on being carried. I piggybacked her all the way to the park. Boy, my back aches. Of course, no fault of hers. Only mommy's because I love my little one so much! My little one was fine until the show began. They had to turn off all the park lights. As soon as they did this, she wanted to go home. We convinced her to stay for another 15 minutes and then headed home. Again, piggyback to the car. As soon as we got home and cleaned up, she was fast asleep with her teddy bear. :)

No comments: