Monday, July 30, 2007

My Best Cousin's B-day

Yesterday was my nephew's birthday. He turned 5 yrs old. I can remember when he was just born and weighed in a barely 5 lbs. It was a very happy day for everyone. My sister rented a jumper with a water slide. There was a ton of food. It was a blast and the kids loved it. The theme was "Transformers". My nephew was so happy! My little one was another story altogether. She had a fever beginning last wednesday and was still not feeling her best. Saturday looked like she was feeling better. I was even able to take her and my nephew to the park and McDonald's to play; however, in the evening, she was feeling very tired and I noticed signs of rashes on her body. Sunday morning the rashes flattened out and I began to worry because she has had a case of this before and the doctor prescribed steroids. I called her doctor and recommended over the counter medication. He warned me that it would knock her out for a little while and it did. She was out for the entire b-day party. When we got home, she slept another hour and was back to her good ole silly self. The doctor suggested that she come into his office if there were still signs of rashes. Fortunately, they were gone. I had her stay home from school to rest a little more and on Wednesday, she'll be back to school.

No comments: